Organizers need to register under GST because E-Commerce portals are liable to Collect TAX collected at source from organizers. Provided GST number will be mentioned in your all your transaction invoices.
Note: Prior to listing an event on any platform, you must provide us with your billing address for the event and location of the event in order to enable us to collect appropriate TCS and comply with GST Provisions
Steps to Follow:
1. Login to your Townscript Account
2. Go to Billing Details.
- Click on the profile button
- Select billing details from the dropdown
3. Enter your Bank Details
- Click on Add details button just below the TAX details options
- Add GST details as per your profile
- E.g. - Individual and Organization (An organizer refer to a registered group/entity under any constitutional act)
- Click on save button
Now your details are updated to your profile.
Important Info: As per the new rule, anyone who’s “selling tickets (or any other product) online” will have to be registered for GST. Yes! Even if your sales are less than INR 20 lacs annually, you still need to be registered for GST.
Tips: Event who’s ticket price is less than INR 250 rupees will be exempted from Goods & Services Tax.